Published on March 5th, 2014 | by admin
Samsung Chromebook 2 comes with 4GB Ram and faux-leather Cover
The new Samsung Chromebook 2 has been officially unveiled.
You can expect two new models, the smallest one with an 11.6 inch screen and the other with 13.3 inch screen, 0.65 inches thick, with the 11-inch weighing 2.5 pounds and the 13.3 inch weighing 3 pounds.
Both come with an Exynos 5 Octa processor, an eight-core ARM processor that its newly announced Galaxy S5 smartphone.
4Gb of Ram and the same SSD configuration than the previous models with only 16 GB.
- Exynos 5 Octa processor 1,9Ghz or 2,1Ghz depending on the version
- 13.3 inches version also has a full equiped HD display meaning that the resolution is 1,920×1,080
- 4gb Ram
- 16 Gb SSD
- Webcam HD 720p;
- 1 x USB 3.0;
- 1 x USB 2.0;
- HDMI Port;
- microSD Slot;
- battery life time: 8hours or 8.5hours
The new model has the same look that the Samsung Note 3 with a false plastic leather touch that at the same time seems like a luxury and very professional even so Samsung target are students.
The smallest option will be available in black and white colors and the other version in gray.
Pre installed apps
Samsung say that these model will have already installed along side with chrome os some apps that are worth $100:
- Wunderlist – a collaborative to-do list
- AirDroid Premium – a tool for managing your Android phone over a Wi-Fi network;
- LittleBridge.com – a tool for learning the English language
Plus the access to 100Gb of storage on the Google Drive service that might turn the price of these chromebook more appealing.
The 11.6-inch Chromebook 2 will cost $319 and 13-inch full-HD model will cost $399. Both will be available in April 2014.